Just a quick post to talk about NoPhase.
I’ve been working on NoPhase since around end of December 2020. Lots of progress, and a lot of ideas too!
The concept of NoPhase is not new, I was working on a similar patch back in 2019, until it was eventually really poorly optimized and just crashed every time I tried to open it.
The development in NoPhase started when I discovered a way to generate visuals similar to a video synth with the Gen patching environment inside Max, which extends the possibilities of Max with a set of operators and other useful stuff. A Gen patch requires to be compiled, which allows more patch efficiency.
The color generator/video synth is not my priority right now since it works (somehow), so I’m kind of focused on the 3D object part, which is also a Gen patch.
The to-do list is kinda big, and I still have to determine at which point I’ll release the patch into the wild. No ETA, sadly.
- Improving 3D possibilities
- Fixing color generators bugs (No movement)
- Blending mode preview before sending to main display
- Preview display
- NDI/Spout send/receive (I will write an article on this soon)
- Default MIDI gear presets (Nanokontrol/APC 40/Launchpad)
- Improve audio reactivity
- Improve Performance mode UI
- OSC synchronisation and control
You got questions ? Mention me on Twitter @VJLime or send me an email : me [at] ethereal [dot] pw.
Thanks to the datafruits radio & friends who allowed me to crash test the patch for many hours.